Houston is a mental concept with many different variations. Although we can recreate Houston, there are limits to how far it can be shifted.
Here's my premise:
- What we SAY about Houston matters because what we say gets into other people's heads.
- We have to do diffferent things to get different results. (See The 7 Levels of Change)
- Perspective is something you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
So, if I am dissatisfied with the mental concept some people have for Houston, then I need to be very careful what I say about Houston, and I need to do things that move my own mental concept of Houston to a better place.
Here's my plan:
- Do things that lead to Houston being a better place for creative professionals.
- Talk about what I and other people are doing to make Houston better.
- Pay attention to how other people are talking about Houston and learn about it. They may or may not be telling the truth.
I doubt that's there's any good to come from calling out people who misrepresent Houston. We need to drown them out.